Thursday, January 2, 2014

Making Quick & Easy 15mm Barbed Wire

Christmas week, I began playtesting some ideas I've had for my own platoon-level WWII rules. Setting up the table using my limited 15mm scenery, I thought it would nice to have some barbed wire to block some of the streets. Unfortunately, I don't have any 15mm barbed wire. Then inspiration struck! I grabbed some spare cheap picture wire I had tossed in my tool box, wrapped the wire around a pencil, and got instant barbed wire. You can see it in the photo below next to some other scenery and figures for scale. It looked good on my make-shift table. Plus, it didn't prick the fingers! :-)



Wishing us all a happy new year!

3 comments:

  1. That is very quick, easy, and effective, CP. I've hedged over the past years at trying my modeling skills at making 15mm barbed wire. But, for sure now, I'm going to make some. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scale barbed wire has always frightened be because I know the little suckers constantly will cut me up. Same reason why I feared working in our rose garden up north. Those flowers knew when I was approaching and would stick me from 3' away!

      Delete
  2. That is an excellent suggestion, Stu. I never would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete

Sadly, I have to approve all comments to weed out nasty spammers.