Thursday, December 27, 2012

Next Gaming Project: Girls und Panzer

I have just discovered my next gaming project: the new Japanese anime series Girls und Panzer. I got my inspiration from today's email from Dragon Models USA, announcing the release of their new 1/35 kits for some of the tanks from the show in their Platz Models range. My current favorite is the red Stug with the banners, though I really wish they had the pink M3 Lee. There is just something special about school girls driving a pink tank into battle. Ok, I'm being silly. But these are real models for a real TV series. I don't build 1/35 kits, but if they were 1/72 diecast I probably would get them just for kicks. Come to think about it, Girls und Panzer just might make an interesting convention game.... I am so doomed. 




The Pink M3 Lee

3 comments:

  1. Ok, may have to see if can see this on Hulu or Netflix, weird watching something that was in Japanese with English and German bastardized together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. while I could never bring myself to paint these, I think you might be on to something as a game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't find the show online anywhere since it's so new. My son--the anime expert in the house--and I watched some of the clips online. He said is was just a bit too weird for him to get into. I don't know. I laughed a lot. Dropping in German words was really weird. At least the kids weren't cat girls, I guess.

    In 28mm, we could use Eureka's Kung Fu School Girls packs for the kids and cut down some of them for drivers. Plus there are other resin figures available. It would make for a wild game that would garner attention, I'm sure! The tanks in the show move amazingly fast!

    ReplyDelete

Sadly, I have to approve all comments to weed out nasty spammers.